Dual Fuel Conversions and Alternative Fuel Systems
A Peaker Services, Inc. Company
Formerly Energy Conversions, Inc.
Dual Fuel Conversions
Conversions of large diesel engines to dual fuel, including natural gas, methanol, ethanol, diesel, ammonia, and hydrogen.
Low Emission Idle (LEI) System
Bank Idling System designed to fit EMD and GE FDL engines to reduce smoke under low load conditions.
100% Gas Spark Ignited Conversion
Conversions of large EMD diesel engines to 100% spark ignited natural gas.
Fumigated single-point injection kits for dual fuel conversions.
Port injection, multiple point injection kits for dual fuel conversions.
Direct Gas Injection
Direct injection kits for gas injection into combustion chamber for engine conversions.
Global Warming Reduction
Natural gas is a great midterm solution with one of the highest hydrogen to carbon ratios when compared with other fuels. A diesel to natural gas conversion reduces carbon emissions, nitrogen oxide (NOx), and particulate carbon emissions.
Clean Burning EE System
100% Natural Gas Conversion
EPA engine certification to Tier 3 with no exhaust after-treatment or exhaust gas recirculation (EGR).
Benefits of Dual Fuel Conversions
- Fuel cost savings
- Significantly reduced emissions in dual fuel and gas modes
- Retrofit system—expands capability and adds value to your present investment
- Lower maintenance costs & improved engine longevity due to cleaner fuel
- Retains diesel-only versatility
- Fuel flexibility reduces costs when fuel prices are volatile
- Reduces national dependence on foreign oil
- Environmentally responsible technology
- Shifts major fuel cost to a more price stable fuel medium
- Flexibility in storing fuel (i.e. diesel lasts 6-12 months in storage, natural gas lasts 20+ years)
Get Free Project Quote
We’ve Been In Business For Over 50 years
Engenious™ Engineering, LLC is the recognized global leader in dual fuel conversions and alternative fuel retrofitting systems. Engenious™ Engineering is a subsidiary of Peaker Services, Inc. and has been converting engines to alternative fuels since its inception as Energy Conversions Incorporated (ECI) in 1986.
Burlington Northern Railroad
Burlington Northern reduces NOx by 63% and CO₂ by 12% after dual fuel conversion.
US Navy Converts 645 EMD Engine
Washington DC, USA
United States Navy reduces NOx by 77% and particulate matter by 40% after converting to dual fuel on stationary 645 EMD engine.
Napa Valley Wine Train
100% spark ignited natural gas conversion with over 15 years of proven cost savings.